How do I know this? From my research creating and updating the Social Flooring Index, which monitors the social state of flooring. I launched it in July 2009 and issued the latest update in April 2011.
In the April 2011 update to the Social Flooring Index I noticed 168 blogs focused on flooring and flooring related content compared to 88 blogs in August 2010 and 53 in April 2010. These 168 blogs generated 7,571 conversations over the past 6 months which translates to 1.877 blog posts per week compared to .7254 posts per week in August 2010. Flooring conversations are evolving!
Here are highlights of the April 2011 Social Flooring Index update:
• 20 of the 168 blogs have high and medium influence in the flooring social media community and the Carpet and Rug Institute Blog ranks highest.
• Although the majority of the blogs included in the Social Flooring Index are North America based, their geographic distribution suggests opportunity for more flooring blogs to develop.
• A majority of the Social Flooring Index blogs have not fully integrated their activities in social networking platforms.
• Three social ‘tribes’ have started to develop focusing on the CRI Blog, BuildDirect and the Social Flooring Index.
• Blogs included in the Social Flooring Index have as yet unexplored opportunity to connect with one another. Doing so will create a stronger network.
What do you think? How do you see floor covering conversations evolving? What topics do you consider critical that should be addressed and haven't yet?